Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe
A Healthy Twist on an Old Breakfast Favorite
Mashed sweet potato pancakes is a nutritious pancake recipe made with unseasoned, cooked, fresh sweet potatoes. This remixed breakfast treat is seasoned with ground cinnamon.
This recipe makes (5) 6" pancakes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2/3 cup unseasoned mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Enough butter and oil to fry the pancakes
- Heat a pat of butter and a teaspoon of oil in a skillet.
- Crack the egg into a large bowl and beat it with a wisk. Wisk in the sugar and oil and then the mashed sweet potato.
- Beat in the flour and orange juice until the batter is free of lumps. Pour about a half cup at a time into the hot skillet.
- When bubbles form around the edge of the pancake, flip it and cook the other side. Add more butter to the skillet as needed.
If the pancakes brown before the center is done, the pan is too hot. If they take more than a minute to cook on each side and don't brown much at all, it's not hot enough.
I like to spread each sweet potato pancake with butter as it comes out of the skillet, stack them on an oven-proof plate and set the plate in a warm oven to keep the pancakes hot while I prepare the other breakfast foods.
Supercharge Your Pancakes with Dolomite!
Add 1 teaspoon of dolomite powder to the dry ingredients to boost the calcium and magnesium content of the pancakes.
If you take calcium supplements, use dolomite powder to reduce the number of pills you must swallow each day.
Just add a teaspoon of the powder to any bread, cake or cookie recipe. It also blends well into most sauces or gravies.
I add it to anything I can sneak it into without it being noticeable because I hate swallowing those huge calcium supplement pills.
How to Make Sweet Potato Greens
Sweet potato leaves are tasty, nutritious, and easy to cook. When to harvest a sweet potato leaf for best flavor and how to take the leaves without reducing the crop of tubers.
Sweet Potato Bread Recipe
A quick bread recipe packed with sweet potato nutrition and featuring the flavors of oatmeal, apple juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
Best Ever Recipe for Sweet Potato Cinnamon Spice Bundt Cake
An easy-to-make, glazed sweet potato bundt cake. Plus, instructions for removing a cake from a bundt pan in one piece.
Go from Sweet Potato Pancakes to Plant Guides' Home Page